When K Laser approached us to shoot for them, we were flattered. Leaders in Photobiomodulation Therapy for Healthcare Professionals, we were keen to showcase the effects. Effective for MSK, Podiatry, Pain management, Wound Care, and the Dental industry, the K Laser products are not only versatile but life-changing for patients. Not only do they produce some of the best lasers on the market, but they also provide training and expert demonstrations to their clinicians, who all love the service they receive.
What Did We Do?
Stephen and Antonella got in touch wanting to create powerful testimonials to demonstrate just how effective their products are. We arranged to shoot over two days in different locations, focusing on four clinics’ experiences with the devices on their patients. While in the clinics, we captured lots of video clips and photos that K Laser could use in their marketing for months to come. We aimed to show that, regardless of the application, the laser was universally successful in providing positive outcomes for both patients and practices. With business-to-consumer explainer videos, you need to make complex information simple and explain in laymen’s terms. However, when producing a video that is business-to-business, we needed to include high-level information to demonstrate the effectiveness of the tool. That is why Antonella joined us on the shoot to provide technical knowledge on the product so that each video was factually correct and informative.
How did we do it?
Our key focus for the shoot was to create testimonials that, if a potential buyer were to watch, they would be convinced that while an investment, the laser would undoubtedly pay for itself through its effectiveness. We started each clinic with the interview portion of the shoot. This can often be the most taxing, and while most people are understandably nervous to start with this, they feel much better once done. The added benefit of completing this first means that we can then add to our shot list anything they bring up in the interview. Our practice is that no matter what the person being interviewed says, we have a video to match, making the interview far easier to condense in the edit and to explain something that can be hard to visualise. We adopted our tried and tested interview techniques to get the very best from the clinicians on the day. It was great to have a mix of our interview skills to extract the positive emotions of the clinician but also Antonella’s technical knowledge to demonstrate its effectiveness. After capturing the interviews, we grabbed all the relevant shots to help weave the interviews together and provide the social clips needed. A great strategy that K Laser used to get video testimonial customers on board was to offer them access to the content featuring both themselves and the device. We had deliverables for each of the clinics featured. Although K Laser funded this, it did not cost them any more than an extra day’s editing to tweak the videos to the benefit of the clinic.
What Were The Results?
With two days of shooting and six edit days, we were able to produce:
- 50 x Social Video Clips: K Laser wanted to elevate their social media presence, so we agreed to deliver all clips that were shot over the two days in short 10s snippets. They can now, regardless of the application, populate their feeds for many months to come.
- 5 x Testimonials, one with 3 versions: We had so many great testimonials that we decided to create three separate versions of one in particular. Usually, we try to condense each video down, but they had one particularly strong interview that we couldn’t shorten. To keep the attention of the viewer, we divided it into three separate testimonial topics.
- 3 x Clinic-Centred Videos: We utilised the testimonials to create each clinic’s video that K Laser funded.
- 3 x Product-Centred Videos: With so much footage and interviews, we created a blend of all of this to make product-specific videos that focused on a certain aspect of the K Laser product.
- 233 Photos of the K Laser, including product and treatment shots.
What K Laser Had To Say:
“We hired Got The Shot for promo videos and photos on 2 different occasions, and we got really good service both times, both on the shooting days and during the post-production phase. Recommended!”